The fifth edition of ASIA NOW, the first international contemporary art fair devoted exclusively to Asia, will take place from October 16-20, 2018 at 9, avenue Hoche, Paris 8.
The Fair's office is composed of four full-time employees, who are in charge of relations with the galleries, special projects, VIP relations, partnerships, and daily administrative tasks; as well as a network of exterior service providers who assist with production and graphic design, and a number of interns who assist in the preparation of the Fair.
COORDINATION/PRODUCTION (2 months September/October)
Under the responsibility of the manager you will be responsible for supporting the preparation and implementation of the programming that will take place during the fair:
Administrative and on-the-ground monitoring of event logistics, finding solutions to problems, welcoming galleries, partners, artists, service providers, and the general public, organization and layout of the site, managing the planning, assistance in setting up the fair.
Management of the event activity:
Programming: Preparation and follow-up (speakers, partners); various administrative tasks including the creation of a database
During the festival: Managing the area where the events will take place.
The intern's responsibilities revolve around the following tasks:
-Liaison between galleries, partner institutions and FIAC: email and telephone support, collection of communication elements, managing technical files, logistical coordination, etc.
-Establishing a scheduling for setting-up and de-installing the artworks in the different exhibition spaces
- Preparation and anticipation of the technical and logistical needs of the festival and special performances in relation with the artists, the logistical managers and the partner institutions
- Preparation of the arrival and on-site reception of performers and guest speakers
- Preparation and sending of badges, invitations and access to the fair for artists and partner institutions.
COMMUNICATION (2 months September/October)
We are currently seeking a Communication Assistant.
The intern will be responsible for the content of the communication tools: newsletter, catalog, social networks, website, as well as formatting the content of the communication media with the graphic designer.
Desired background and skills:
-Excellent writing ability in both English and French
-Versatility, dynamism and pugnacity
-A team player, strong organizational skills
-Knowledge of the cultural sector and contemporary art
GALLERIES AND PROGRAMMATION
The intern will be under the responsibility of and in direct collaboration with the Head of Galleries and Artistic Programming to ensure the monitoring of all tasks relating to these areas.
- Assisting and liaising with galleries before and during the fair (preparation of gallery requirements, invitations, entrance passes ...)
- Implementation of the communication dedicated to the exhibitors (via WeChat)
- During the fair: welcoming and looking after exhibitors, as well as follow-up
Applicant profile and competences:
- Education: degree in Art History, Art Market, Management of Cultural Projects or related
- Fluency in French and English - both speaking and writing
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus
- Rigour, strong organisational skills, ability at managing priorities and handling emergencies
- Versatility and ability to work efficiently in a team
- Good knowledge of the art market, the cultural sector and its ecosystem
- Mastery of the mobile app WeChat